How to Uninstall Unwanted Programs?
This article details the steps to take for uninstalling or removing unwanted programs or software from your personal computer. Both Windows XP and Windows Vista already have built-in tools or utilities that should be capable of helping you in the uninstallation of unwanted programs or software.
You will have to double check on your program listing at least once every month to make sure that all of the programs or software there are the ones you have installed. This maintenance will guarantee that you have space on your hard drive. Therefore, your personal computer will be faster and will operate much smoother.
In a lot of cases, uninstalling programs or software from Windows is in fact very easy and simple. Just follow the steps listed below:
This is a systematic direction for entirely uninstalling the programs on Windows Vista.
- Place the cursor on the start button and click on the "Control Panel."
- Click on "Uninstall Programs."
- A record of the programs or software will be displayed on the screen, simply click on the program or software you wish to uninstall and click on "Uninstall."
This is a systematic direction for entirely uninstalling the programs on Windows XP.
- Place the cursor on the Start button.
- Look for add/remove programs and click on it.
- A record of the programs that can be removed will be displayed on the screen. Simply click on the program or software that you wish to uninstall and then click on "change/remove."
- During this point, you will have a choice to remove the program or the software.
There are basically two things that you must take into consideration. Uninstalling the program or software will likely take time so you must be really patient with it. You can go to the program record and uninstall whichever programs or software you want to get rid of. However, if you are not that familiar with the program or the software, it will be best to leave it behind because you might uninstall programs or software needed by your computer to operate.