How to Fix Slow Computer Shutdown?
Has it ever happened to you that you switched off your computer but it was taking a long time for it to happen? It is one of Windows' known problems. The origin of the problem is the Windows database.
The Windows Windows database is where Windows saves all of its relevant and crucial data and keys. Every adjustment to the Windows database can affect the performance of the PC and this is possibly the reason why your Windows slowly shuts down. Now, you perhaps question yourself when was the last time you tried to touch the Windows database. The users of the PC do not do the adjustments to the Windows database, these happen when applications on the computer are installed and uninstalled. These procedures make the changes to several Windows database entries so Windows will detect the adjustments that were made in the computer system.
How do you fix those entries?
Repairing the Windows database can be done in two means, the manual means, or the automatic means:
For the Manual Way
- Click on the Start menu, then click on run
- In the open box, type regedit and hit the enter key
- The regedit console will run and all of the Windows database adjustment occurs here
Note: when you are handling with the Windows database, you must be very cautious because any minor mistakes can damage the performance of your PC.
For the Automatic Way
This is safer and most dependable means to handle the Windows database problems. Launch a Windows database cleaner on your PC and it will repair automatically any Windows database error on wrong entries with a fast scan. This will possibly fix every computer error you had and will make PC to operate faster.
*First Tip: Cut down of the procedures and applications running in the background.
When you boot up your PC a lot of needless procedures are loaded. You can remove this by organizing your msconfig.
Here are the steps on how to do this
- Click on the Start menu
- Click on Run
- In the open box, type msconfig.exe
- At the system configuration utility, click on startup or service tab
- Remove the check on all applications that you want to stop running at the background
- Click on OK
*Second Tip: Clean your Windows database
Typically slow computer shutdown most of the time happens because of a corrupted Windows database. You should run a Scan Of Your Windows database. If you are getting more than 30 errors, this is the cause of slow computer shutdown.
*Third Tip: Defrag your Computer
The faster your PC can locate files the faster it can shutdown. A very slow shutdown of the computer can be the outcome of your hard drive attempting to look for fragmented and disorganized files that it requires for shutdown. Manage your hard drive by running a defragmentation.
- Click on the Start Menu
- Click on My Computer
- Right Click on your hard drive image or your C: drive
- Navigate down to the Properties and Click on it
- Under the Properties Menu, Launch the Tools menu
- Click on the Defragment Now
- Under the Disk Defragmenter menu, click on the Defragment